Friday, October 1, 2010

From my heart to yours...

Happy 1st of October!!!

Cheers to my favorite month of the year!!
Why you might ask?
Well, it just so happens to be right smack center in the 

Heart of Fall. 


Let me explain. 

October is....

  • A month where the weather becomes a perfect 70 degrees at it's highest. 
  • When the leaves officially make their beautiful transformation from yellow shades of green to deep orange, red, and auburn brown. 
  • One more month closer to getting an extra hour of sleep!
  • Filled with the aroma of pumpkin spice and apple pie.
  • When you never leave your house without a cozy cardigan.
  • When a floral patterned scarf is always a must.
  • Leggings. Leggings. Leggings. Tights. I'm a little obsessed with leggings.  

{Speaking of leggings... I just bought the most comfortable pair at Target for 5 BUCKS. best $5 I've ever spent. ever.}

So in celebration of October, I thought I'd share a little fall music with you. 

Yes, I said it, F A L L M U S I C. 
magic. 
two of my favorite things.  

It's a hopeless romantic kind of song.
It's called AUTUMN LEAVES. 


Yes, these two are the same song, but both so lovely.

The first one is my favorite.

You see, I have this thing for Mr. Nat King Cole. 
His voice melts me. 
I could go on and on, 
but I'll save those thoughts for another time.
I've listened to this song...about 47 times in the last two days.
I'm not exaggerating.
My phone died halfway through the day because of my infatuation with this song. 




The second video is a cover of this exact same song. I love originals, nothing can compare to them, but oh, how I like to see how other artists make these songs their own.

This guy is all the way from Spain. 
Barcelona, to be exact. 
His name is Alex. 
I wish he could sing to me everyday.
I'd even be satisfied if he just played that guitar for me all the time..
He does covers of all types of songs, and since I'm sure most of you have never heard of him, I thought I'd introduce you.