Thursday, September 20, 2012

thoughts & a quote...

after that last post, i definitely feel so much better. there's something so relieving after getting all the junk out that's been stuck inside of you. sort of like throwing up...yay? i'm feeling much better now even though my situation is the same. i still wake up at the butt crack of dawn and work my butt off 6 days a week, but there's something that i think i was missing before...i failed to keep in mind how proud of myself i should be. sometimes life will be tough, but that's not always going to be the case. sometimes the hardest things are worth all the fight we put into it.  as obvious as this truth might be, sometimes i need a little bit of a pep talk to get my head back on straight. so a big shout out and thank you to my sweet man who sent me these words of encouragement:

"I know this is hard but trust me, 
it will feel great when we finish because we followed through on our commitment 
and didn't quit when it got difficult, 
but instead rose up, dug deep, and persevered. 
And that builds character. 
I couldn't be more happy or proud that we are doing this together.
 Thank you for inspiring and encouraging me to do great things!"

so despite myself and my negative attitude monday, i want to encourage you in whatever you might be facing today. that whatever situation you are going through, no matter how ugly and dark it might be, you are not alone. sometimes the most beautiful things in life come from the hardest moments we have ever had to face. so keep your chin up and press on to finish this race. i saw this quote floating around and thought i'd share in light of everything...be strong!